Careers at Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory
The Chrysalis Café operates within Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory. The Chrysalis Café offers light snacks, beverages and daytime lunch service to visitors and groups.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is a unique and high profile tourist attraction located in Cambridge Ontario. The Chrysalis Café offers light snacks, beverages and daytime lunch service to visitors and groups. The café focuses on fresh and healthy eating and will often include locally grown ingredients. Our café servers and cooks need to have strong customer service skills, be flexible, versatile and perform well under pressure.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities, applicants belonging to a visible minority and/or applicants of Indigenous backgrounds. Accommodations are available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
- 15 to 30 hours per week
- Weekend and weekday shifts; scheduled shifts subject to change based on business needs
- Staff are required to be available for our busiest events including: Weddings, Corporate events, Family Day weekend, March Break, Easter weekend, Canada Day weekend, Labour Day weekend and Christmas break etc.
(PLEASE NOTE: The Conservatory is CLOSED December 24th, 25th, 26th, 2021 and January 1st, 2022. Open all other major holidays.)
- Post-secondary education; preference will be given to those applicants with a background in Food Science, Culinary Management and/or Hospitality
- Strong customer service skills and high level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, strong leadership skills, responsible and enthusiastic attitude
- Flexible and able to work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Commitment to work weekends to accommodate special events and weddings
- Able and willing to do physical labour (i.e. moving tables, chairs, equipment and crates/boxes of food)
- Food Safety Training an asset
- Valid Standard First Aid and CPR qualifications
- Current Police Information Check and Vulnerable Check
- All daily operations including but not limited to cooking, cleaning, customer service, opening & closing etc.
- Greet customers, receive customer orders, process point of sale transactions, stock preparation areas, maintain a tidy and clean workspace
- Food prep, food orders, table service
- Bus tables, dishwashing, cleaning, sweeping and mopping
- Comply with government food safety and health & safety standards
Frontline Resource Staff
- Operate till and process financial transactions in Gift Store, Admissions Counter and Gift Store
Other Duties as Required:
- Other duties to support daily operations and customer service as assigned.
- Adhere to all Company policies, rules, systems and procedures which are outlined in the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory Employee Handbook, as well as all Health and Safety policies and procedures and safe work practices
- Staff are required to wear the appropriate uniform and safety equipment at all times.
- The hourly wage is $16.50
- Other duties as assigned
We have a Covid-19 Safety Plan that includes: active screening of employees, mandatory face masks, multiple hand sanitizer stations at points of exit & entry, multiple barriers between staff and public, etc.
Thank you to all that apply but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities, applicants belonging to a visible minority and/or applicants of Indigenous backgrounds. Accommodations are available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.