Daily Children’s Programming
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory offers daily interactive programming perfect for young ones and the young at heart. All of our programming is included with regular admission.
March – April: Itty Bitty Helpers
When: Monday – Friday at 11:00am
Bring your little helper for a closer look at how our plants and animals live and grow, and learn about their care here at the Conservatory! During this 20-30 minute program, we will discover different critters through stories and songs, then take a trip into the Conservatory and help with one of our daily critter care tasks. Some of our daily themes and critter-tasks will include:
- How plants grow, followed by watering the plants
- The secret life of fish, followed by feeding the fish
- All about birds, followed by feeding the birds
**Please note that Itty Bitty Helpers will not be offered during March Break (March 14 – 18), but we would love to have you for our BugFeast! event instead!
July – August: Summer Tours
When: Monday – Sunday at 11:00am
Join us for children’s drop-in programming, with a different activity each day! No registration required. Programs include:
- An outdoor bug hunt (weather pending)
- A scavenger hunt in the Conservatory
- A day in the life of a honeybee
- Butterfly games
November – February: Storytime
When: Tuesdays – Fridays at 11:00 am
Join us as we explore our very favourite bug and butterfly books during Storytime. During this 20-30 minute program we also have a “creature feature” where you will have a close-up encounter with one of our live, tropical insects! Some of our daily themes will include:
- Bugs that sing and make other fun noises
- Tricks that bugs use to stay hidden in nature
- Where do bugs go in winter?
- Baby bugs! Learn about how different bugs grow up to be big bug!
- Bug Cousins – learn about centipedes and millipedes!
**Please note Storytime will not be offered during the Christmas Break, but we would love to have you for our Holidays Activities for Kids instead!