Face Mask Policy
All staff and visitors will be required to wear a face mask in all indoor spaces, as per The Region of Waterloo’s Face Coverings By-law, effective July 13, 2020. Visitors are welcome to wear their own masks, and face masks will be available for purchase on-site. See all exemptions below.
We are committed to the Health & Safety of our staff and visitors and thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we work together to observe all physical distancing guidelines. These commitments have been developed in consultation with the province of Ontario’s guidelines and recommendations and in accordance with The Region of Waterloo’s Face Covering By-law, effective July 13, 2020.
- Every visitor within the facility shall wear a face-mask, this includes inside the tropical greenhouse
- Every visitor that is the parent or guardian accompanying a child that is 5 years old or older shall ensure that the child wears a face-mask
Visitors do not need to wear a face-mask when:
- They are a child under the age of 5 years old
- They cannot wear the face-mask as a result of a medical condition or a disability
- They are unable to put on or remove a face covering without assistance
- A face-mask would inhibit their ability to breathe
Please note: in working in accordance with The Region of Waterloo’s Face Covering By-law, no person shall be required to provide proof of any of the exemptions.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory will be evaluating our Health & Safety Commitments on an ongoing basis.
Updated July 13, 2020