Health & Safety Commitments Surrounding COVID-19
We are committed to the Health & Safety of our staff and visitors.
We have made some changes to the way we move and interact throughout the facility to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we work together to observe all physical distancing guidelines.
What you need to know:
- As of October 22nd, proof of vaccination will be required for all visitors (12+). See Vaccination Policy >
- Face masks are mandatory throughout the facility. See Face Mask Policy >
- Timed tickets are required for all visitors — walk-ins cannot be guaranteed
- 2-hour visit duration (not including 3:30 & 3:45 timeslots as we close daily at 5pm) – visit to the café included within the 2-hour allotted time
- 50% capacity set at 125 visitors
- Respect others & keep as least 6 feet apart
Ontario COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy: All Café patrons dining indoors must be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days post second dose) and provide their proof of vaccination along with government issued ID, unless otherwise exempt, as mandated under the Province of Ontario’s Vaccination Policy. Children who are 11 years of age and younger and unable to be vaccinated will also be exempted from these requirements.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory Vaccination Policy: Beginning October 22nd, all visitors, including members, must be fully vaccinated (two doses plus 14 days post second dose) and provide their proof of vaccination along with government issued ID, unless exempted under the Province of Ontario’s Vaccination Policy. Children who are 11 years of age and younger and unable to be vaccinated will also be exempted from these requirements.
Please see our Health & Safety Commitments below:
- All visitors, including members, will be required to show proof of vaccination upon entry in the facility beginning October 22, 2021.
- All staff and visitors are required to wear a face mask in all indoor spaces, as mandated under the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020. Visitors are welcome to wear their own masks, and face masks will be available for purchase on-site. See Face Mask Policy >
- All visitors, including members, will be required to purchase timed tickets. We will be limiting the number of visitors on the grounds and within the facility. Please arrive as close to your scheduled visit as possible, early arrivals may be asked to wait until their scheduled time.
- Timed tickets are transferable/non-refundable.
- Contactless payment preferred (Credit/Debit).
- Visitors will be asked to reschedule their visit for another date and time if they:
- are showing cold or flu-like symptoms
- have been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or showing cold or flu-like symptoms
- government guidelines require self-isolation
- Staff and visitors are required to observe all physical distancing guidelines by keeping 6 feet/2 metres apart from others.
- Visitors will be required to follow all signs for one-way traffic flow.
- We have increased the frequency of sanitization of surfaces throughout the facility.
- Hand sanitization is encouraged using touch-free, sensor activated, faucets, soap dispensers and paper towel dispensers that are available in the washrooms, and touch-free hand sanitizer stations that are available throughout the facility.
- Water stations are temporarily closed. Please note: no food or drink is permitted on-site, with the exception of personal water bottles.
- Chrysalis Café will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. All patrons must observe physical distancing guidelines with any guests outside of their household. Masks must be worn at all times when indoors, not seated at a table. Proof of vaccination required for indoor dining under the Province of Ontario mandate.
- Gift Store is open but observing a no-touch policy.
As we all work together to prioritize health and safety you may experience some delays, please be kind and patient with staff and visitors as we navigate this new normal.