Homeschool Program 2018/2019
UNIQUE PROGRAMMING FOR ALL AGES!
- Our programs are designed for families with children up to age 12, however, all ages are welcome to attend and all participating children are asked to pay program admission.
- Each month will be a different theme.
- Children will experience learning in our classrooms, our tropical conservatory, and our insect galleries – and maybe even a trip outside!
1:00pm to 3:00pm
Students: $8.50 per participating child, plus HST
Adults: $5.00 per adult, plus HST.
Participating children must be accompanied by an adult.
LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVE DATES?
With a group of 15 or more, you can book your own Homeschool Program!
Fall 2018 Programs:
Wednesday, November 14 & Thursday, November 15 – 1:00 – 3:00 pm – House of Butterflies
Today we’ll explore our needs and wants as we look at the lives of people living within the monarch sanctuaries in Mexico and read the story, ‘Isabel’s House of Butterflies’ by Tony Johnston. See how the lives of people living within the monarchs overwintering grounds in Mexico are similar and different to our own lives. We will be collecting food donations for the Food Bank of Waterloo Region.
Wednesday, December 12 & Thursday, December 13 – 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Crafting
Join us for a relaxing afternoon of nature-inspired crafts, a Conservatory scavenger hunt and encounters with live tropical insects! Pick the date works best for your family.
Wednesday, January 16 & Thursday, January 17 – 1:00 – 3:00 pm – Bugsicle Hunt
Come and discover how different creepy crawlies survive our cold Canadian winter, from migration to hibernation, and everything in between. We’ll start inside and then bundle up for a hike outside to look for signs of insect life. Afterward, warm up with a visit to the tropical Conservatory! Pick the date works best for your family.
- Wednesday September 19 10 am – 12 pm & 1 pm – 3 pm – Magnificent Monarchs: Learn about the migration story of the monarch butterfly.
- Wednesday, October 17 (FULL) & Thursday, October 18 – 1:00 – 3:00 pm – ‘Going on a Bear Hunt’: Come and meet our woolly bears up close and learn about the truth about the woolly bear’s stripes and discover how they spend the winter.