COVID-19 Policies for Wedding & Event Guests
We are committed to the Health & Safety of our guests.
We have made some temporary changes to how we conduct weddings and events in our facility to keep everyone safe and healthy. Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is acting in accordance the Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, 2020.
Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory is located in Waterloo Region which is in Step 3 of the province’s reopening plan.
Please see all details below.
- Masks are required at all times while indoors when not seated at a table eating and/or drinking, and must be worn in a manner that covers the mouth, nose and chin
- All guests will be actively screened before entering the facility and will be required to sign a Compliance Agreement & Attestation Form
- The Bridal Suite is limited to a maximum capacity of 3 people
- During a wedding ceremony, only the person performing the ceremony and the couple getting married may remove their mask to walk down the aisle and exchange vows. Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory staff will wear face coverings at all times
- During a reception & social event, masks may only be removed once seated and eating, and must be worn while entering or exiting the event space, and at all times when moving through the facility
- All guests must remain seated while eating or drinking
- Physical distancing of at least 6 ft. is required at all times with the exception of when you are seated
- For indoor ceremonies, the number of persons occupying any room in the building or structure while attending the ceremony must be limited to the number that can maintain a physical distance of at least two metres from every other person in the room
- Capacity will be determined on a case-by-case basis, understanding that seating plans must ensure that tables are adequately spaced to allow for proper physical distancing
- For indoor receptions without dancing, a maximum of 50 guests may be permitted
- For indoor receptions with dancing, a maximum of 25 guests may be permitted
- Singing and performing music is permitted, with restrictions
- Contact information is required for all guests in attendance, as advised by Public Health
- Any guests showing cold or flu-like symptoms, that have been in contact with someone with COVID-19, or have traveled internationally within 14 days of the event date are asked to stay home
- Safety Plan available upon request
These policies are subject to change as the public health situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves.
Updated July 2021